Tuesday, August 19, 2008

today












































today I am small.
inconsequential.
and yet
everything to some.
including
a source of great frustration.

why
can't you do it right now?
why
beans AGAIN?
why
are you yelling at me?

no.
I did not hear you the first 5 times.

I'm breathing.
and clenching
my jaw
that hurts
again.

the kitchen
is a revolving door of
never enough.

the bathroom.
seriously taboo.

and me?
neglected.
again.
by no one other than
myself.

I'll get to it.
one of these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you are in so much pain.

RANT: MOTHERHOOD UNCENSORED said...

Thank you for your kind comment. But, to be honest, it caught me off guard. I didn't realize the tone of my post sounded as if I were in pain.

In that moment I was feeling the weight of raising little ones that are not always happy with the choices they have available to them--the complaining can be grating.

I was feeling like I need to take better care of myself...that I have a family that allows me to do so, but I have been horribly remiss in taking advantage of it.

In the moment, with all that I was feeling, I just wrote...

Apparently, mom's sure do compartmentalize throughout the day...I walk the line.